6.26.2006

The Teacher

Everyday we would spend our day sitting in front of the dome of the prophet. Reading duas and zyarat., even though the wahabis would be so annoyed and keep bothering you. But you learn to ignore them in the end, and just let your heart wander near the Prophet (saw) and his daughter (as).

Many ppl got to enter inside the mosque and come close to the prophets shrine. (as close as one can get that is), we didn’t enter cause of fear that my mother will get hurt. She sick and her bones are not strong to bear a fall.
But our hearts were longing to visit the Prophet (saw). The last day, after saying our farewell to Al baqi3, me and my mum headed to pray inside the mosque. Where suddenly we see a crowd gathering not so far away, we found out that they are letting people enter to see the shrine.
My mother and I couldn’t believe it. Our hearts were pounding and almost in tears.
As I look around me in the crowd, it seemed as a race. Not caring if you will cause someone to fall and get hurt. As they started to let the people get in, they went all crazy. Pushing all that came their way.
I was worried about my mother, holding around her. Already in tears, that even when you visit the one that are closer to you than your father and mother, the teacher, the messenger. And all we care is how we can reach it first, without caring for our fellow muslims. Forgetting the true message of the Prophet (saw) and how he showed love and compassion for others. I felt ashamed and humbled.

My mother and I walked slowly, telling my mother, if we don’t get to visit the shrine, what matters is our intentions. God knows what’s in our heart. My mother were already in tears, I leave my mother praying while I go and get a chair for her. When I get back, I see my mothers face lighting up telling me that a one of the Saudi women told her there is a diff way for those who have disabilities. Suddenly this Saudi woman approaches us, and takes us to that place. We stand in a long que. With at least 100 people in front of us. We didn’t know where this que would take us. We just took advantage of the time, reading the zyarat and the duas. As you come closer, an overwhelming feeling takes over you. You can do much, you cant talk, you cant think. All you do is pray. You feel such a blessing, of all the people on this world, you got the chance to stand here and be just a couple of metres away from his shrine. You feel so little and Gods blessing on you so big. As we reach the place, you see the women that raced in front of us, fighting to get to pray their two rakats. Its amazing, cause me and my mother got to pray as much as we wanted without any of those Saudi women telling us to finish.
When we finished, we were overwhelmed, not yet understood what happened. Cause it seemed like a dream. We were sure we wouldn’t get the chance to visit. SubhanAllah when its written for you to visit the Prophet (saw) it will happen no matter what. Truly the reward of patience is great.
You feel so humble when you go through something like this, you have not offered or given something that disserves all this blessings, but God keeps showering you with blessings. Many of which we ignore.
Many which we take for granted.

1 Comments:

Blogger neuroticnoon said...

Salaam,

Subhanallah, may Allah give us all the opportunity to visit the Prophet.

You so rightly said,it is your intention that counts but to still be given the chance to pray in the Prophets shirne, that has to top anything this world can give us.

ws

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home