3.02.2006

Hajj Memories

I travelled to Hajj this year. And it has changed my life 180 degrees. Il hamdilla to the best.
You have no idea how much I miss it. Its an experience like no other experience.


Our Hajj group travelled through Syria, but we wanted to visit Imam Redha (as) in Iran so we travelled with another group to iran.

Qom, "Masoma's(as) home and the city of knowledge"


When you go there, the city is very poor, but Masoma's shrine lights up the whole city.
Not to mention the many bookstores you can find in Qom, that shows you this city is very rich with knowledge.
But the strange thing is when you enter the shrine, you get this strange feeling, such sadness.
You can feel some of her sadness she must've felt when she came to this town after her brother.
One time when we went there, a mawkib from Najaf had just entered the holy shrine.
and it was so amazing to the those hundreds of ppl, coming all the way from Najaf, only to show their respect and love to ahlul bayt.


I have never been in iran before and didnt kno
w anything about it. So I walked around wearing my abaya. and wondering why everybody was staring. And suddenly a sheikh comes up to me and my mother. saying to us that we should respect this holy place and wear chador. so we suddenly got it, even though our clothes were VERY islamically, but for them Chador is what suits best. So we ran to the nearest place and bought chadors. And that would be my first introduction to chador. Man I dont know how iranian women wear that thing, It fell from me all the time, it made me so angry! no matter how did it, it fell down. arghh!!

I didnt go out much in Qom, only to visit Masoma (as). Cause all I was doing is counting the hours and minutes i would reach Medina.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home